GRADUATE AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS OFFERED BY THE DEPARTMENT OF CHEMISTRY AND BIOCHEMISTRY
- William Bailey Fellowship Eligibility: 2nd year in Chemistry or Biochemistry
- Millard & Lee Alexander Fellowship in Chemistry Eligibility: 2nd year students in Physical, Organic, Inorganic, Analytical or Theoretical Chemistry.
- Dolphus Milligan Graduate Fellowship Eligibility: Fellowship candidates must be accepted into the graduate program in the Department of Chemistry and Biochemistry and be a U.S. citizen.
- Carl L. Rollinson Teaching Award Eligibility: Graduate students with outstanding teaching performance in lectures discussions or laboratories.
- First Year Graduate Student Summer Research Fellowship Eligibility: First year graduate students that have begun research in labs.
- GAANN Fellowship Program Eligibility: Students in the Chemistry Graduate Program that are US citizens or Permanent Residents.
- Research of Excellence Awards Eligibility: Post candidacy graduate students.
- William F. Bailey Summer Research Award Eligibility: 2nd year or more senior graduate students in Chemistry and Biochemistry to support summer research.
GRADUATE AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS OFFERED BY THE GRADUATE SCHOOL AT THE UNIVERSITY OF MARYLAND
- Ann G. Wylie Dissertation Fellowship Eligibility: Graduate students in the final stages of writing their dissertations.
- The Dr. Mabel S. Spencer Award for Excellence in Graduate Achievement Eligibility: Current graduate students.
- The Phi Delta Gamma Graduate Fellowship Eligibility: Graduate students working on interdisciplinary research.
- The Michael J. Pelczar Award for Excellence in Graduate Study Eligibility: Post-candidacy graduate students with one year served as a teaching assistant.
- Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Bridge to the Doctorate Fellowship Program Eligibility: Graduate students with US citizenship or permanent residency and with proven participation in LSAMP programs.
- Jacob K. Goldhaber Travel Award Eligibility: graduate students who are presenting posters or papers to scholarly, scientific or professional conferences.
- Summer Research Fellowship awarded by the Graduate School Eligibility: graduate students able to show that a summer of focused work will enable them to prepare for or complete a key benchmark in their program’s requirements. Not for dissertation completion.
- Hockmeyer Fellowship Eligibility: post-candidacy graduate student working in Life Sciences research in a laboratory of CMNS
- Emad Fellowships. Eligibility: post-candidacy graduate student working in a laboratory of CMNS.
- Graduate Teaching Fellows Program Eligibility: Post-candidacy graduate students with two years of teaching experience.
GRADUATE AWARDS AND FELLOWSHIPS OFFERED BY FEDERAL AGENCIES, PROFESSIONAL SOCIETIES AND PRIVATE FOUNDATIONS
- Achievement Rewards for College Scientist (ARCS) Fellowship Eligibility: Graduate students in natural science, medicine and engineering.
- National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship Program. Eligibility: United States citizens or permanent residents. Individuals are eligible to apply: 1) during the senior year of college, 2) after graduating from college and prior to entering graduate school, 3) during the first year of graduate school, 4) prior to completing the first term of the second year of graduate school.
- Ruth L. Kirschstein National research Service Awards fro Individual Predoctoral Fellowships to promote diversity in Health-Related Research. Eligibility: United States citizens or permanent residents. Individuals from underrepresented racial and ethnic groups, individuals with disabilities, and those from disadvantaged backgrounds.
- American Heart Association Predoctoral Fellowship. Eligibility: graduate students working in research broadly related to cardiovascular function and disease, stroke or to related clinical, basic science, bioengineering or biotechnology, and public health problems.
- American Chemical Society, Division of Biological Chemistry Travel Award : graduate students presenting are presenting posters at the American Chemical Society National meeting in the Division of Biological Chemistry.
- Washington Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group Travel Award. Eligibility: graduate and undergraduate students presenting a poster at the American Society for Mass Spectrometry National Meeting.
PAST AWARD WINNERS
Alphi Chi Sigma Albertus Magnus Award for Outstanding Teaching in General Chemistry
- Cassandra Taylor, 2007
- Romina Heymann, 2010
American Chemical Society (ACS) Awards
- Bo He, 2006 Best Poster at 232th National Meeting, San Fransisco
- Leonard Demoranville, 2007 Nuclear Chemistry Division Graduate Student Travel Award
American Physical Society Awards
- Linjie Li, 2008 Division of Laser Science Student Travel Grant Award
American Society for Engineering Education (ASEE) Science, Mathematics, and Research for Transformation Defense Scholarship for Service Program (SMART), Fellow
- Dennis Mayo, 2008
- Amanda Chamber, 2009
- Edward Sisco, 2011
Ann G. Wylie Dissertation, Fellow
- Wei-Hao Huang, 2007
- Wei Zhang, 2008
- Patrick McTamney and Milissa Resto, 2009
- Jacqueline Smith and Lei Yan, 2010
- Daniel Gowetski, Sanghee Nah and Jia Wei, 2011
- Jonathon Duay and Lenea Stocker, 2012
- Christopher Sims and Ben Zhang, 2013
- Kai-Ti Chang, Christopher Eginton, Andrew Keane, and Yijing Liu, 2014
- Jasmin Athas, Jason Hustedt, Gretchen Peters, 2015
Achievement Rewards for College Scientists (ARCS), Fellow
- Rebecca Vieira, 2007-2008
- Colin Wynne and Merle Zimmerman, 2008-2009
- Seth Thomas and Stefanie Sherrill, 2009-2010 & 2010-2011
- Kelli Golanoski 2012-2013
- Eleanor Gillette 2013-2014 & 2014-2015
Board of Visitors Outstanding Graduate Student Award
- Kaitlyn Crawford, 2015
- James Creagan, 2007 Best Poster Award at the College Park Conference
Carl L. Rollinson Teaching Award
- Leonard Demoranville and Mara Dougherty, 2008
- Min Jia and Lenea Rader, 2009
- Abulfazl Fakhari Mehrjardi, 2010
- Matthew Hurley and Frederick Nytko III, 2011
- Avantika Dhabaria, Bradley Gordon, and Gretchen Peters, 2012
- Cathryn Gail Blakely and Haohao Ke, 2013
- Lucia Geis-Asteggiante and Kim Huynh, 2014
- Jason Hustedt and Lyndsey Powell, 2015
Center for Teaching Excellence (CTE) Distinguished Teaching Assistant Award
- Nicole Carbonaro, 2008
- Bryna Clover, 2008
- Katherine Connor, 2008
- Kelly Daggett, 2008
- André Dennis, 2008
- Mara Dougherty, 2008
- Aaron Haeusler, 2008
- Will Harrell, 2008
- Raffaele Perrotta, 2008
- Adam Smolinsky, 2008
- Soheila Bahmanjah, 2010
College of Chemical and Life Sciences Travel Award
- Leonard Demoranville, 2008
- Marvourneen Dolor, 2008
- Juan Du, 2008
- Soumyadip Ghosh, 2008
- Eugene Khaskin, 2008
- Julia Khusnutdinova, 2008
- Qingnan Liu, 2008
- Jing Wu, 2008
- Qin Zhong, 2008
The Dolphus E. Milligan Graduate Fellowship Award, Fellow
- Christopher Sims, 2008-2010
- Reyniak Richards, 2009-2011
- Julia Greenfield, 2010-2012
- Blessing Deeyaa, 2011-2013
- Stephanie Miller, 2012-2014
- Christopher Hernandez, 2013-2015
- Tsega Solomon, 2014-2016
- Adeolu Mojibola, 2015-2017
Excellence in Graduate Research Award
- Linjie Li and Ling Ma, 2008
- Juan Du, Patrick McTamney and Qin Zhong, 2009
- Jonathon Duay, Maria Del Mar Ingaramo and Jia Wei, 2011
- Mark Nakasone, Brendan Yonke, Xiaochen Wang, and Davit Potoyan, 2012
- Nicholas Corsepius and Xichen Xu, 2014
- Kaitlyn Crawford and Wesley Farrell, 2015
Fellow in the Louis Stokes Alliance for Minority Participation Bridge to the Doctorate Fellowship Program
- Dave Jenkins, 2010-2012
- Taylor Hood, 2013-2015
G. Forrest Woods Award for Graduate Study in Chemistry
- Rennisha Wickham, 2011
- Maxim Ratnikov and Luigi Alvarado, 2012
- Lucia Geis, 2015
Gary and Sue Christian Graduate Award
- Shweta Ganapati, 2014
Glen E. Gordon Memorial Fellowship
- John Goodell, Ashley Sexton, Lauren Stevens, 2014
- Christopher Ferraioli, 2015
Graduate Assistance in Areas of National Need (GAANN), Fellow
- Domonique Downing, Derick Lucas, Thao Nguyen, Lenea Rader, Jacqueline Smith, 2009-2010
- Mara Dougherty, Domonique Downing, Raffaele Perrotta, Maxim Ratnikov, James Wittenberg, 2010-2011
- Lauren Graham, Romina Heymann, Maxim Ratnikov, Christopher Sims, Brendan Yonke, 2011-2012
- Julie Nicely, Brittany Vinciguerra, Benjamin Roembke, Eleanor Gillette, Christopher Sims, 2012-2013
- Daniel Baluha, Kaitlyn Crawford, Derek Denning, Gretchen Peters, Lyndsey Powell, Jonathan Senn, 2013-2014
- Charles Ferraioli, Aaron Geller, Gretchen Peters, Jaehee Song, David Watts, 2014-2015
Graduate Dean’s Dissertation Fellowship
- Jie Zhou, 2013-2014
- Xiaoyu Sun, 2014-2015
- John Bender and Yue Zheng, 2015-2016
Graduate School All-S.T.A.R Fellow
- Eleanor Gillette, 2014
Graduate School’s Outstanding Graduate Assistant Award
- Lauren Stevens and Tessy Thomas, 2015
International Carotenoid Society (ICS) Awards
- An-Ni Chang, 2008 Young Investigator Travel Award
Jacob K. Goldhaber Travel Award
- An-Ni Chang, 2008
- Marvourneen Dolor, 2008
- Kaitlyn Crawford, 2013
- Wesley Farrell, 2014
James M. Stewart Excellence in Teaching Award
- Qing Zhu, 2006
- Arthur Winter, 2007
Jenny T. Sih Fellowship
- Andrew Longhini, 2014
- Jingheng Wang, 2015
Dr. Mabel S. Spencer Award for Excellence in Graduate Achievement
- Oluyomi Okunola, 2008
McNesby Graduate Fellowship
- Jeffery DeLisio and Margo Gebbie, 2015
Michael J. Pelczar Award for Excellence in Graduate Study
- Kaitlyn Crawford, 2015
Millard & Lee Alexander Fellowship in Chemistry
- Ben Roembke, Amanda Souna, Brittany Vincinguera, Yi Yu, 2014
- Chris Borg, Yijing Liu, 2015
National Organization for the Professional Advancement of Black Chemists and Chemical Engineers
- Oluyomi Okunola, 2007 Best Oral Presentation, Graduate/Professional Division at SE Regional Meeting
National Science Foundation Graduate Research Fellowship
- John Bender and Maria Perez-Cardenas, 2012-2015
Summer Research Fellowship awarded by the Graduate School, Fellow
- Maria Del Mar Ingaramo, Karen Lohnes, Emily Trunkely, Jing Wu, 2008
- Domonique Downing and Huizhi Bai, 2010
- Christopher Eginton, Eleanor Gillette, Jason Hustedt, Andrew Keane, 2012
- William Cressman, Hyejin Kwon, Gretchen Peters, Rebecca Rose, 2013
- Emma Dixon and Ravindra Kempaiah, 2014
- Taylor Plank and Jingheng Wang, 2015
University of Maryland Distinguished Dissertation Award
- Nicholas Corsepius, 2015
Washington Mass Spectrometry Discussion Group Awards
- Stephen Swatkoski, 2007 Travel Award
William Bailey Fellowship
- Xiang Ye, Chris Eginton, 2014
- Wesley Farrell, Jaehee Song, 2015
William F. Bailey Summer Research Fellowship
- Maria Del Mar Ingaramo, Sanghee Nah, Jingxin Wang and Jia Wei, 2010
- Joseph Cannon and Michael Stocker, 2011
- Meghan Burke, Christopher Eginton, Chun Geng, and Jason Hustedt, 2012
- Andrew Keane, Allen Ng, Xiang Ye, and Guoqiang Jian, 2013