We proudly recognize faculty, staff, students and alumni who garnered major honors, awards and promotions since our December newsletter.
- Leah Dodson, Faculty-Student Research Award, University of Maryland
- John Fourkas, Senior Member, SPIE
- Osvaldo Gutierrez, Talented Twelve, Chemical & Engineering News
- George Helz, Fellow, American Association for the Advancement of Science
- Nikolaos Liaros, Cottrell Fellow
- Efrain Rodriguez, Humboldt Fellow
- Chunsheng Wang, Highly Cited Researcher and one of the “10 Lithium-ion Battery Researchers to Watch” by Research Interfaces
- Rita Dill, Dolphus E. Milligan Fellow
- Pavan Ravindra, Philip Merrill Presidential Scholar
- Michael Bogdan (B.S. ’93, chemistry; B.S. ’93, zoology) was elected vice president of the Aesthetic Surgery Education and Research Foundation.
- Jennifer Buss (Ph.D. ’12, biochemistry) was promoted to CEO of the Potomac Institute for Policy Studies.
- Fehmi Damkaci (M.S. ‘00, Ph.D. ‘04, chemistry) earns SUNY Oswego President’s Award for Scholarly and Creative Activity.
- Teri Quinn Gray (Ph.D. ’94, chemistry), was elected to the American Chemical Society’s Board of Directors.
- Brian Malkin (B.S. ‘04, biochemistry) joined health law firm McDermott Will & Emery as partner in the FDA practice of its Health Industry Advisory group based in Washington, D.C.
- Biopharmaceutical company AbbVie and its president, Michael Severino (B.S. ’97, biochemistry), launched a $30 million research alliance with Harvard Medical School to combat viral infections.
- Samuel Teitelbaum (B.S. ’10, chemistry) is now an assistant professor of physics at Arizona State University.
- Krisztina Zsebo (B.S. ’77, biochemistry), CEO and co-founder of VasoRx, joined the Biocardia, Inc. board of directors.
Category: News & Events