Business Services Office
The Chemistry Business Office is located on the ground floor of the Chemistry Building in 0104 and is open from 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays (excluding University holidays).
The Business Office assists members of the department with all aspects of:
- Purchasing Materials and Supplies
- Travel arrangements
- Expense reimbursements
- Pre- and Post-grant and contract administration
- Shared instrumentation Facility and ChemStores Billings
The Business Office is also the liaison with Sponsored Programs Accounting and Compliance (SPAC), University Purchasing, Human Resources, the Office of Research and Administration (ORAA) and Accounts Payable.
Contact: Phone 301.405.1838; Fax 301.314.2600
Chemistry Stores maintains an inventory including a wide variety of chemicals, scientific apparatus, equipment and supplies and basic office supplies. Sales in Chemistry Stores are available to all individuals holding a valid University of Maryland ID card and account number. No cash sales to individuals are permitted.
Contact: firstname.lastname@example.org; Office: 3222A; Phone: 301.405.1404
OWL Computational Laboratory
- 20 Intel triple boot Mac/Windows/Linux workstations, locally networked with 100 Mbs Ethernet, HP LaserJet printer, Lexmark and HP Scanners
- The lab is available for teaching courses involving computational and database methods and is open to the campus community
The primary goal is to maintain instrumentation for Chemistry Classroom Labs. Research labs can have equipment repaired and calibrated.
Payroll and Benefits
Phone: 301-405-8538. The Payroll and Benefits office is located in 0107C and is opened 8:30am – 5:00pm.
- Employment Processing and Payroll Administration
- Health Benefits, Staff and faculty tuition remission
Shipping and Receiving
Chemistry Receiving is the primary departmental resource for filling liquid nitrogen dewars, gas cylinder exchange and our dry ice supply.
Undergraduate Services Office
The Undergraduate Services Office is located in CHM 1206. Among the services provided are:
- Departmental course registration verification
- Instructor/TA office hours and contact information
- Lost and found