The Chemistry & Biochemistry Business Office is located on the first floor of the Chemistry Building in Room 0104 and is open 8 a.m. – 5 p.m. weekdays (excluding University holidays).
This office provides assistance to all departmental personnel for purchasing, travel, and grant administration and serves as the liaison with General Accounting, Accounts Payable, University Purchasing, Human Resources and the Office of Research and Administration (ORAA).
Forms & Links
- Purchasing : department requisition system. First time users require approval of Faculty Supervisors to access system.
- Sole Source: sole source justification. Required by University to sole-source capital purchases (items greater than $5000)
- Travel Approval Form : Travel Approval Request Form (TAR) (must be completed and submitted to the Chemistry Business Office at least one week prior to trival. Students and guest TARs must be signed by the principal investigator)
- Reimbursement: Travel Expense Statement. Complete and submit with original receipts to the Chemistry Business Office following travel. Per diem for meals may be claimed without receipts.
- Payroll Deposit: Direct Deposit –Direct Deposit is mandatory for employees hired after January, 2001.
- View/Print Earnings Statement ARES: For employees that are paid bi-weekly by the University
- Tax Witholding Form : Payroll Forms Must be completed by hourly workers
- Other Tax Info: Maryland Tax Information; Federal Tax Information
- Enrolment Health Benefits: regular staff enrollment form . For regular employees, working at least 50 percent time
- Health Plan Information: http://uhr.umd.edu/benefits/
- Retirement: Retirement Planning and Programs
- Employee Tuition Remission: Tuition Remission
GRANTS & SPONSORED RESEARCH
- ORAA: Quick reference to proposal development
- Research Accounts: baws1.umd.edu/dashboard. For Principle Investigators and their designees. Must have VPN running on local computer to access these accounts. Requires BA3 user id and password. Contact the Business Office Manager if you have forgotten your user id or password.
- Federal Grant Information/Submission: Grants.gov
- National Science Foundation: Fast-lane