The Department employees qualified undergraduate and graduate students as Teaching Assistants in its undergraduate chemistry lecture and laboratory courses. To be eligible for a Teaching Assistantship, you must be a student in good academic standing at UMCP and have completed the 100- and 200- level chemistry course sequences at UMCP (or their equivalent). Applications for Teaching Assistantship positions are generally made 6 weeks prior to the start of the semester.
Qualifications for the TA positions will be based on prior academic performance, in-depth knowledge of the subject area, applicable experience(s) in the subject area, as well as English proficiency.
Teaching Assistantship positions are available for the following courses:
- General Chemistry I lab, Organic I lab, Organic II lab, General Chemistry II lab
- General Chemistry discussion, Organic I discussion, Organic II discussion, General Chemistry II discussion
- Physical Chemistry I lab, Physical Chemistry II lab
- Graders for Physical Chemistry I & II
- Graders for Biochemistry I, II, III; Biochemistry of Physiology; Biochemistry lab
Please go to the following link to complete the online form: http://portal.chem.umd.edu/undergradoffice/ta_index.php .
You will need to use your university log-in information. Please note that there is a second page that you will be redirected to in order to complete your schedule availability.